Mr Deepak Jha, CEO and Managing Director, British Columbia School of Administration (BCCM) talks about his imaginative and prescient. BCCM was not too long ago incepted and 2022-23 is the very first educational 12 months.
1. Organising a brand new academic institute isn’t any baby’s play, that too in an space the place there isn’t any dearth of studying centres with hospitality training and culinary institutes mushrooming throughout India. What ideas went into the entire strategy of BCCM?
Reply . Sure , this isn’t a straightforward task and on the identical time this isn’t new both. I’ve already established my very own lodge administration faculties (CIHM) in North Bihar in 2015 and our placement is our successes mantra. I all the time settle for the challenges and discover the potential for contributing in higher option to our hospitality sector and to the society. Within the final seven years we’ve got supplied higher infrastructure, teachers, and coaching which helped us to put 100% of our college students in all main nationwide and worldwide chains of inns in India and overseas, which has given me the boldness that I can do significantly better in Delhi NCR.
2. What gave you the boldness that BCCM is all set to welcome college students?
Reply. World class infrastructure, our very long time methods, planning, nationwide and worldwide associations, skilled colleges, and BCCM management staff.
3. What are the USPs of learning at BCCM?
Reply : Owned and managed by professionals, studying straight from the recruiters straight, expertise primarily based expert primarily based versatile curriculum supported by LMS which permits college students the flexibleness to select up any task as per their comfort, research supplies, course content material augmented with trade interplay, and actual life store ground inputs from senior managers working in reputed manufacturers, assured 100% placement, certificates from UGC NAAC-A authorised College within the first 12 months and a couple ofnd & 3rd years from international college which can assist college students to get a two 12 months work allow in Canada and Europe.
4. You’re a veteran within the hospitality trade and have witnessed it change and evolve. How prepared are the hospitality graduates for a job within the trade?
Reply : That is very true that now the situation modified and our college students are getting positioned into hospitality and tourism sector, airways , retail, banking, IT Sector. However the recruitments are majorly occurring within the hospitality and tourism sectors.
5. What do you assume are the winners? What are the inherent qualities in Indian college students that may take them locations?
Reply. In India, in comparison with different administration graduates, lodge administration graduates are getting much less wage, however service costs and ideas compensate for that, however that’s solely in 5 star inns. We’re aiding them to work in Canada and Europe the place their wage may multiply by 5 to 6 instances. There’s a desire and an enormous demand for Indian expert manpower.
6.What are the areas that want enchancment?
Reply . All establishments ought to focus extra on sensible than theoretical training . Higher internships needs to be supplied to their college students and inns ought to deal with them as internship college students.
7. How can one make it occur?
Reply . By having a great publicity to the hospitality sector and be passionate to do one thing for the trade and society .
8. What are BCCMs plans for the rapid future? What can the scholars or dad and mom count on on the subject of careers?
Reply . To begin our Canada and Europe department operations by December this 12 months, and on-line training and certification programs for working government by November 2022.
9. BCCM in 2025 – What are your desires?
Reply . BCCM needs to be acknowledged because the main and famend administration school of India.